Day 1: Egg Stage

For our Writer's Toolbox class, we learned about several different forms of writing and new ways to use grammar correctly. For this Action Project, we were tasked with revising and re-doing an older piece. 

WH, Happiness, 2018


I started writing this piece right after watching my favorite show, right after it aired. It made me really happy to see it, as I was extremely excited for a new season of it.  On top of that, the new season has been living up to the hype so far which makes me happy on top of that. As this is a poem, there aren't any real "sentences" here. I definitely used end rhyme a lot here, to varying degrees of success. Some of the lines are better written than others. The main theme of this piece is happiness, obviously. There are also several references to pop culture thrown in there. It describes the feeling mainly through references, some of which not many people will get, some of which many people will get. My intentions for this piece were to get across the message of happiness mainly through references to shows and games. It worked out pretty well, I think. I can see myself improving on some of the lines/changing some of the lines, or maybe adding more lines to the poem.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Socratic Dialogue

Redesigning the Neighborhood

12 Hours of Endurance